Sociology Term Paper
Well, there is no doubt that in the course of sociology, writing sociology term papers is the toughest part. Sociology is a huge subject and you need to be too attentive and careful when you choose sociology term papers topic. Usually students don’t get the idea how huge the sociology term papers topic is and later they face troubles and fail to manage submitting their sociology term paper on the submission date. Sociology term paper is surely a gigantic area to write a term paper on. So select the area of study first of all to write your sociology term paper. This article aims to explain you all the ins and outs of writing a great sociology term paper.
Write Sociology Term Paper?
The sociology term paper commonly consists of 8 to 10 pages or maximum 3500 words. In order to write a good sociology tem paper you need to follow some essential steps. Here you will find all those essential steps which you need to be aware of about writing your sociology term papers.
There are different procedures of making a sociology term paper title page just like bibliography such as MLA or APA. Here the description of MLA title page is given. MLA style needs double-spacing and it applies to the title page as well.
Write the title beginning each word with capital letter and center-align it. Then write your name, your course, your instructor’s name and then submission date.
Table of Contents
Here you have to list all the headings/sections and sub-headings/sub-sections with page numbers.
In the introduction of your sociology term paper, you are supposed to state the following points:
- A brief explanation of the problem
- Aim of your term paper
- What questions will be answered in the term paper
- A brief outline of current research
- Relevance of the term paper topic
- The research process
The sociology term paper introduction aims to make the reader familiar with the main sociology term paper topic and create interest in reading your term paper further.
The main body of your sociology term paper is the longest part. It has sections and sub-sections. In every section, you need to state a main point, argument or appropriate information. Now you have to develop the argument in an intelligible way.
Use in-text citation properly if you have quoted some text from book, journal or any other source.
Your sociology term paper’s main body should also have the following points:
- Interpretation of primary literature
- Methodological problems
- Current state of research
- Your viewpoint
In the conclusion of your sociology term paper, state the problem you posed and explain the results you found from your research. You need to give a summary of the observations and interpretations. You should also explain the strengths and limitations of your research. Besides this, you can make suggestion for future work as well if you have any.
References / Bibliography
In the bibliography of your sociology term paper, you have to list all the information sources in a required citation style.
Appendices are the list of complete information of the survey forms, maps, graphs, figures, statistics, questioners, charts, etc. you used in your sociology term paper. They are not included in actual word count of your sociology term paper.
Sociology Term PapersTopics
There is a list of sociology topics which will help you get sociology term paper ideas or you can also select any of the following topics as your next sociology term paper.
- Why is violence prevalent among young people?
- Teenage depression
- Inter racial marriages
- America and the increasing aggression at schools
- Why has marriage decreased in recent generations?
- Global society: social impact of the Internet
- Alcoholism as one of the reasons for domestic violence
- Do couples who live together before marriage have a higher success rate in marriage?
Sociology is the study of people, their relationships within society. It touches upon a wide range of topics, from religion to communities, from different kinds of conflicts to the behavior of individuals and social groups. This field of science is connected with politics, psychology, economy and what not! That is why while preparing to commence your research paper for sociology it is important to apply a multidisciplinary approach, to turn to different fields of science that are closely linked.
Structure of the sociology paper
- In the introduction state the problem or question you are going to resolve and discover. You can support or object some well-known hypothesis or address an essential social problem. State a valuable question that gives food for thought and is relevant to the field of sociology.
- Proceed with the analysis of literature used and analysis. While elaborating this part of your paper try to incorporate the findings of other scientists into your own research.
- Then comes the time for discussing methodology. You are supposed to explain what methods or approaches you used to prove/disprove your hypothesis. It gives validity to your work.
- Later go on discussing your outcomes and findings. For presenting data to the reader use graphs and tables to have a structured flow of numbers and other exponents.
- Discussion. State whether your research is useful for further investigation. Tell how one may improve such type of a survey. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the theme you have chosen? Make your voice heard and opinion clear and understandable.
- Reiterate key points and concepts of your research without going into detail. Do not forget to include all the results.
- References should be on a separate sheet of paper.
Read also: Who writes term papers like a guru?
Tips for improving your writing style and technique
- Before choosing the topic of your sociology paper, look through sociology topics for the research paper.
- Try to state your argument in the first paragraphs.
- Make a sociology research paper outline before starting writing the first pages of your work.
- Introduction and conclusion parts are the most significant paragraphs. They build an impression about your paper. The reader usually reads them first.
- To make a decent structure and to have a template for your future work try to sift through some English papers and other samples of the papers on various topics.
- Your arguments in favor of your thesis should be based upon real evidence, data, and statistics.
- Make several sub-headings. In such a way your paper will be more structured and easy to read.
- Use less direct quotes, try to paraphrase them.
- Try not to use passive constructions.
- Do not apply colloquial style, adhere to academic one, use formal cliches like “This paper argues...”, “After considering the data results, we may state that”, “Despite mounting evidence of...”, “There is substantial disagreement about it...”, “Nevertheless,...”, “Finally,...”, “In conclusion,...” etc.
- Amplify your topic in relation to the historical context.
Common mistakes in structuring and elaboration one's project
- Spreading oneself too thin while going into details or discussing different aspects of one problem.
- Not following the directions that are stated in your assignment
- Grammatical and spelling mistakes.
- Including irrelevant information.
- Being subjective.
- Incoherence – breaking cause and effect bonds.
Possible topics for a sociology research paper
Here you will find sociology topics for research paper.
- “The management model of socio-psychological climate in the enterprises of holding type”
- “Evaluation of staff in the social development of the organization system”
- “Physical culture in the system of social activities”
- “Nuclear energy as a subject of socio-environmental dialogue”
These good sociology research paper topics will give you an impetus towards the direction of your own research.